Become a Level 2 Support Worker for Providence Healthcare
Position : Support Worker
Level : Level 2
Supports : Individuals with a disability and their families / carers
If you are passionate about helping people reach their goals, becoming a Support Worker at Providence Healthcare might be just the right thing for you.
Providence Healthcare is a registered NDIS provider. We began with a simple idea: better quality services for people living with a disability. We understand “it takes a village” to provide supports that are deemed fair and reasonable. Equipped with this simple philosophy we developed and nurtured an inclusive workplace culture that empowered our people to represent the wider communities. Using our shared expertise from the Health and Medical arena, we became a registered NDIS Services Provider- one that championed best practices in understanding how best to leverage evidence-based theories and strength-based approaches to support the independent living and independent decision-making of clients.
This proved to be exactly what the community needed, as Providence Healthcare has grown into a multi- dimensional NDIS services provider. Our team of like-minded, community-focused Nurses, Exercise Physiologists, Psychologists, Therapy Assistants provide expert support to daily living and community access support teams inside and outside our company to ensure all-round and complete solutions in quality in home and community care.
Support Workers play an integral role in the success of our services and the achievement of our vision, mission, and organisational objectives. They recognise the right of people with disabilities to inclusion, participation, and self-determination. Their personal values align with those set by the NDIA in championing its Code of Conduct and Practice Standards.
Primary Objectives of a Support Worker
- A Support Worker is directly responsible for the day-to-day support, and personal development of customers accessing services.
- They ensure that they support customers to be at the centre of their decision making and enable them to achieve the desired outcomes of their plans, goals, and aspirations in partnership with their families and carers.
- Support Worker ensures that supports are provided in accordance with the National Disability Services Standards and other relevant legislation and are active in advocating the rights of people with a disability.
Tasks and duties of a Support Worker
- Performing manual support & hoisting tasks within an individual’s home that will allow them to live independently based on their NDIS goals and health / well-being needs.
- Supporting the development and implementation of plans supporting a person-centred approach and contribute to the review of the customer’s progress
- Adjusting and adapting communication and body language to suit participants’ needs
- Supporting the development and implementation of plans with a person-centred approach and contribute to the review of the customer’s progress
- Developing appropriate, supportive working relationships with participants and their families/carers
- Providing support which reflects the Disability Services Standards, legislative requirements, funding objectives, plans and goals and to report any potential breaches to Providence Health management.
Core Requirements of the Job Holder
- Previous experience working in the Disability sector is not essential, but favourable
- Possesses a practical general knowledge of a human rights-based approach.
- Follows Providence Health policy and practice manuals and code of conduct.
- Capacity to work with honesty and integrity.
- Adopts accountability in own role and reports concerns/incidents or breaches in practice.
- Works effectively with other team members to coordinate shifts & support tasks.
- Is aware of travel requirements for set shifts. Take accountability in planning travel logistics.
- Possession of a current driver’s licence, vehicle registration and insurance.
- Possession of a current CPR & First Aid Certificate.
- Satisfactory Clearance: Police Check, NDIS Worker Screening
- Equivalent to Certificate IV or above in one of the following or equivalent: Individual Support/ Home & Community Care/ Aged Care/ Disability/ Nursing or equivalent / transferable experience
- Covid 19 Vaccinations
- NDIA Orientation Module
Application process and contact information :
For more information about the position please contact our team:
☎ Providence Healthcare Tel: 03 5975 7446
✉ Email: email@example.com
Additional information about Providence Healthcare Pty Ltd can be found on the website: NDIS
Registered – Providence Healthcare